- Safari at a Glance
- SAFARI ITINERARY
10 DAY WILDEBEEST MIGRATION PHOTO SAFARI
This Safari is only available during the April to June period when the herds are colonizing the Central, Western and Northern areas of Serengeti.
|Day 02, 03, 04, 05, 06 & 07:||Serengeti|
|Day 08 & 9:||Ngorongoro|
Day 01: Arusha
Your Tanzania Journey starts here with touch down at the Kilimanjaro International Airport Tanzania. (JRO). At hand will be your Photography Safari Director and Guide ready to receive and usher you into this Northern Tanzania safari capital. There will be a short pre safari brief by your Photography Safari Director after which you will be transferred and assisted to check into your Hotel. Overnight will be at the Mt Meru Hotel, Arusha. Breakfast Included.
Day 02: Serengeti
After breakfast you will be transferred to the Arusha Airport to catch an early flight to the Serengeti. Upon arrival at Serengeti you will be received and transferred to you Safari Camp arriving in time for lunch. You will have a brief game drive en route as you head into your camp.
Early evening at approximately 1600Hrs, you will be introduced to the numerous wildlife found around the Serengeti Mara eco-system. Return to your camp late evening for dinner and overnight stay at the Kati Kati Camp Serengeti.
Day 03, 04, 05,06 & 07: On safari at Serengeti
You will spend complete days immersed in this magnificent National Park. We get a chance to explore further this park in search of game. We follow the migrating herds and the following predators.
Our game drives will be dependent on the wildlife migration patterns and every evening we will meet up to discuss the next day’s game drive. Although Serengeti is world famous for the annual wildebeest and other ungulates’ migration, the park is well known for its healthy stock of other resident wildlife, particularly the “Big Five”, named for the five most prized trophies taken by game hunters. Natural habitats in Serengeti include savannah grass lands dotted with acacia trees, magnificent rock outcroppings called kopjes, swamps, dense bush as well as streams and rivers. They provide different opportunities for tracking different animal’s species. Return to the lodge late evening after a whole day in the Serengeti National Park. We will have dinner and overnight at the Kati Kati Camp Serengeti.
Day 08: Ngorongoro
After breakfast, we depart the Serengeti heading for the Ngorongoro Conservation area. We arrive at our lodge in time for lunch and an afternoon rest. The rest of the day is spent at leisure as we relax and review our images from the previous days on safari. Dinner and Overnight will be at the Ngorongoro Farm House.
Day 09: Ngorongoro
After an early breakfast, we depart our lodge for the Ngorongoro crater. We descend the steep cater to start our early morning game drive at the floor of this wildlife rich magnificent crater.
The Ngorongoro Crater is an amazingly incredible formation of nature. It is part of the larger Ngorongoro Conservation Area which covers more than 8,300 square kilometers. The Crater, an “eighth wonder of the natural world,” not official is an International Biosphere with over 20,000 animals thriving in its near perfect conditions. We will have picnic lunch inside the carter and proceed with an early afternoon game drive as we exit the crater to return to our lodge for overnight. Dinner and overnight will be at the Ngorongoro Farm House.
Day 10: Arusha
After breakfast, you will bid bye to the lodge staff and embark on your journey back to Arusha where the safari ends. You will have lunch at Arusha before being transferred to the Kilimanjaro International Airport where you catch you flight back home.
Please Note: Accommodation will be determined by the location of the migrating herds. The choice of camp might change from time to time to keep you closest to where the herds are located.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE SAFARI:
- Photo Workshop and Guiding by Professional Photographers/Guides
- Theoretical Workshops on Wildlife behavior and guiding
- 01 Night at the Mt. Meru Hotel
- 03 Nights at the Lake Masek Luxury Camp Full Board in a double room
- 02 Nights at the Katikati Camp Full Board in a double room
- 02 Nights at the Ngorongoro Farm House Full Board in a double room
- 01 Night at the Tarangire Sopa Lodge Full Board Double Room
- All local Beers and selected house wines
- UNLIMITED game drives
- Airport transfers in Arusha and Serengeti
- Domestic flights from Arusha to Serengeti
- Transport in specially modified Land cruiser 4X4 ideal for Wildlife Photography
- Professional Driver guides
- A Maximum of 04 Photographers per vehicle
- All park and reserve entrance fees
- Lunch or dinner the final day at Arusha
- Free WI-FI provided in the vehicles and Camps
- AMREF Medical Emergency evacuation and assistance cover
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SAFARI PACKAGE:
- International return flight to Arusha
- Visa fees
- International Travel Cover
- Medical Cover
- Tips to the driver /guides and Hotel staff
- Any additional extra expenditure
- Hot air Balloon at the Serengeti costing approx. 450 USD
- Single room supplement